Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Raise Up a Child

 





If God ever grants you an awesome responsibility, let it be raising or helping to raise a child.

A neighbor, a single woman who had survived an unthinkable problem, was given a foster child who was a baby. But she gave up on the responsibility, I think too soon.

I'll never know just what happened to cause her to give up, but so much is happening now in the lives of even our youngest children, that I can only wish I could help to give a child stability that's absent even in my own life right now.

Although I can only wish to help, be it said I'm someone who could never be contented caring for just a pet. When I think of pets, I think of a pet for my family, for a child or more than one child.

By no means do I consider a child's well-being and think, "Oh, how cute."

But I think, "Raise up a child in the way to go, and when he or she grows older, this child will know better."

Amen.


No comments: