Thursday, November 25, 2021

We Shouldn't Underestimate How Good God Is

 

 

 

Heaven gives special, very strong families the responsibility of raising a child with disabilities.

I thank the Lord there is that care. Because, many children with extreme disabilities do thrive.

From a faith perspective, that's a blessing, for a disabled child to thrive. But, for some, it's difficult to understand why Heaven cherishes the disabled, the same as the perfectly able.

It's also difficult for some to understand how supportive people in the life of a disabled person may value milestones in that person's life, the same as parents who sometimes remember a child's first words, first steps, and first quirks. Yet a simple fact of life is that, in faith, a child has worth, regardless of ability.

That said, I am a disabled person. I'm also a Christian.

And I thank God, I wasn't restricted or limited, as a child, to special classes. Instead, I learned in ordinary classrooms. And supportive people quickly saw I had a good aptitude for English language in writing — even an aptitude for creative writing and abstract language.

And, while I can never be a rap artist who races through the dangerous hairpin turns of his oral dissertations, I can understand what he's saying, if I can see it and study it in writing.



No comments: